[flv:/flv/apb_gramercyhotelfire.flv 600 440] An early-morning fire at the Gramercy Park Hotel forced hundreds of hotel guests out into the street.
Firefighters spotted smoke around 1:30 a.m.and saw sparks flying from the roof of the hotel.
Fire officials say the fire broke out in the chimney between the 17th and 18th floors.
There were no reported injuries, but a wedding party for a bride from the United Kingdom was cut short. Newlywed Rachel Allen said she was shaken up after the ordeal. “It was scary,” Allen said. “It was frightening.” Firefighters declared the blaze under control within an hour of their arrival.